tirsdag den 27. marts 2012

Sewing

It's been a little while but I'm still here. My youngest daughter Dora had an ear infection and was like an extra limb for about a week. So while I wanted to I just couldn't get around to showing you all the things I've been doing. Today was the first day I could finally take some photos, so prepare yourself for a serious picture overload. :o)

First of all, I've been sewing an amazing sweatsuit for Dora. Last week, while she was still ill, I took her with me to the library one day, pulled all the books and magazines I could find about sewing out and rushed home. With her sleeping in my lap I managed to flip through some of them. The best ones were clearly the Ottobre magazines. My jaw dropped deeper with every page I turned while my mind went 'oh, but this one is too difficult..' and 'I really shouldn't buy any fabric' and so on.

Anyway, after a few days I couldn't resist anymore. I picked out a magazine (left) and a pattern (right) I really liked:


and I went to my local fabric shop and picked out a simple but suitable fabric. After making the jacket I realized that I had enough fabric for a pair of trousers so this was my final result:


The jacket is fully lined:





 and it has pockets, a hood and a zipper. It's amazingly soft and I'm so jealous. I want such a suit myself! The trousers have an elastic waistband and ribbing around the ankles, like the jacket does around the wrists.

Here Dora is in action - she didn't have time to smile since she was very hungry. :o)



And then I also made her a little apron/dress:


It's fully lined too, and open in the back:

The pattern is from this Danish sewing book by Hanne and Sofie Meedom (I highly recommend it, especially for beginners). Lots of drawings and explanations.


Now my only problem is that my oldest daughter Iris wants a sweatsuit too! In pink! Gah...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar